I am happy to take on all commissions. Helping to make your home/office a warm, comforting and inviting place to be.
A wide range of painting subjects have been tackled over the years. I will lend my hand to any project big or small.
Often clients love previous works that I have done. Using this inspiration e.g. colours/shape/style we can come up with a plan.
The end result:
I want for the client to resonate with the piece and for them to have fond memories of a familiar place, memory or feeling that they will treasure for many many years to come.
- When you are 100% happy I will then put the finishing touches on the piece and seal it with a uv protectant, sign and date the piece and put some sturdy hanging D rings on the back so it is ready to hang when you pick it up.
- If there are any problems down the track e.g. you would like a change to the painting or if it needs any repairs I will do this free of charge. A 100% guarantee.
To give you an idea of what my conditions are when undertaking a commission:
- The commissioned piece will be unique. However, I will mostly work using a similar style and color palette to other works completed.
- There is no obligation to buy the commissioned piece if you are not 100% happy with it. I don't believe in selling art to someone who is not totally in love with it!
- I love sharing my special commissions with the world. I would discuss with you every step of the way how the painting is coming along and if you are happy for me to share the final piece or works in progress with the world. However I completely understand if you want your privacy and would 100% adhere to this.
Things for the client to consider and further information:
- I usually meet with the client to look at any images you may have and to discuss what is the best size and shape.
- The most suitable materials to use e.g. acrylic/oil/resin - I can show you examples of the different mediums.
- On our initial meeting it is good to have an idea of the space where it is going to hang so so we have a clear understanding of the sizes required. Also it is good to ascertain how much light fills the space.
- We usually discuss a final price for the size/dimensions discussed so that the pricing is all finalised before the painting commences.
- I price per square inch and then add on the cost of the materials e.g. paint, sealant, canvas.
- The same price is charged for a commission as I do for one of my originals. A deposit isn't required upfront. You pay at the end on completion. When you are 100% happy. That way I will be happy to sell it!
- If you would like your commission professionally photographed there is an extra cost for this. This is so you can produce prints or homeware items of your commissioned artwork. Handy for Christmas presents or gifts! I can arrange this for you if required.
- Commissioned work, by nature, takes longer to create and therefore completion time would be 4 - 6 weeks. However if you have a tight timeframe I am usually able to accommodate if no other commissions are being worked on.
- Before completion of the piece I would invite you to come around and view the piece before sealing it - to make sure that I am on the right track with the colours and how the painting is layed out.
- If you are interested in having me do a commission for you, please let me know which piece you like, and what you like most about it. Every piece is so exciting for me and each painting is such a fabulous process with many different phases.
It gives me great pleasure when people come and look at their completed commission. It quite often has an emotional tie for them and it gives me great pleasure to convey that for them! I look forward to speaking with you soon.
"Kirsten was great to work with from start to finish. She asked questions about what our preferences were for all aspects of the work. Kirsten is a good listener and asked for feedback regularly and took this on board. We are so pleased with the artwork Kirsten did for us. It was a pleasure having Kirsten work on the Cromwell commission for us and we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her. We would be happy to commission Kirsten again - we are so pleased with the painting she did for us."
~ Sue B.
"Kirst it was very special u painting it 4 me . . . . I felt u understood so easily what I was wanting & needing. I feel emotionally just thinking about the first time I viewed it. Words can't describe the joy & peaceful emotions I felt. I thanku frm the bottom of my heart & soul, we absolutely luv it xx."
~ S Carter
Join my e-mail list to keep in touch with specials and news from my Studio!